Online classes: The future of education
Online classes: The future of education
- Rahul Chugh
- Mar 31, 2021
Until 2020, online classes were barely conducted by educational institutions but come today, they have become an essential element of every student's life. While the initial decision to shift to online was for safety reasons, there are many other benefits of digital classes that have been helping both students and teachers.
One of the many schools in India that shifted to online after the onset of the pandemic is Orchids - The International School. The school started online classes from 18th March 2020 and it was one of the first schools that started regular online classes during the pandemic. While online doubt clearing classes have always been a part of Orchids’ educational facilities, 2020 made its need even more apparent. Since the start of lockdown, the management and staff of all the Orchids Schools have been working diligently to provide the same quality of education in online classes as the kids received in the physical classroom. This required streaming the curriculum and organizing things accordingly.
While some parents were very happy with the shift to online classes, some had their doubts in the beginning. "During the lockdown, we shifted to online learning, and I was very skeptical about how this will go," states Tejas Raje. His daughter is currently in the 3rd Grade at Orchids. But on seeing how smoothly the school is handling online classes, he was thoroughly impressed. "I really like the creativity of the teachers while they take the virtual classes and my daughter loves it. She has taken like a fish to water when it comes to online classes," he adds.
Let’s take a look at how Orchids - The International School is revamping online education.
What are the facilities provided by Orchids International for their online education program?
1. Regular live online classes through the Eduvate portal.
2. Special Online Doubt Class, an extended online program, that facilitates live interactions between students and subject experts. 3. Special courses prepared for each grade available on the Always on Learning (AOL) portal.
4. Free PDF worksheets to encourage parent-child activity together during difficult times.
5. Free eBooks for parents by Dr. Yasmin Siddiqui (child and parenting specialist) to provide professional tips on keeping things positive.
What are the advantages of the Online classes conducted by Orchids International School?
1. The school ensures the complete safety of the students, with the online classes planning to continue until schools are 100% safe to reopen.
2. Your child will have the same teachers online as their physical classrooms. This guarantees a smooth transition from offline to online classes and vice versa for the kids.
3. The classes are personalized in terms of time, space, and content of the students. The children can decide what to learn and how to learn in their own time.
4. Teachers as well as IIT alumni are available to help your child at all times.
5. The content is delivered in an amalgamation of text, audio, graphics, and videos for easy accessibility and understanding.
6. The web portals are designed in such a way so that they can be easily used by kids of any age.
Online classes are slowly but surely progressing on a path to become a permanent part of education. Quite a few international schools, with their global structure, are providing kids with the chance to network with peers from other countries as well. With this, online classes will also become a medium for exchanging culture and knowledge across continents. It is certain that Orchids - The International School will always motivate students to reap the benefits of technology to scale up the career ladder.
Disclaimer: This article has been produced on behalf of Orchids - The International School by Times Internet’s Spotlight team
About The Author - Writer
Rahul is a very talented and versatile workaholic writer!